Sunday 18 March 2012

A to Z Blogging Challenge

Why I'm Taking Part

Previously, I have started two unsuccessful blogs and this time around I want things to be different. It's not that I struggle for things to write - as you may have noticed from previous posts I know how to go on – and it's not that I don't want to do it, it's just that when it comes down to it I'm pretty lazy. Given the choice between scoffing an entire packet of biscuits while watching Corrie and getting off my arse and actually doing something, the biscuits will always come first. But this time round things are going to be different... well, for now at least.

So, by signing up for something that asks me to blog every day (except Sundays) during the month of April, I'm hoping it will get me in the habit of blogging regularly and not get too distracted looking for things to 'lol' at on the internet.

I'm also keen to see what other blogs are out there and look at how other people are tackling the challenge, whether they've gone for a theme or are going random, have planned ahead or are winging it. So far I've come across some that look like they're going to be gems.

Here are a few to check out:
Dina's amazing illustrations will be moulded into a sayings and phrases theme for the A to Z Blogging Challenge and after being treated to a special behind the scenes look at her ideas – while not puking over sushi – I can say it's going to be awesome.


On the Road with U2
While U2 are not my favourite band in the world, I'm loving the ambition and theme going on here. Basically, Deena has vowed to write an entire A to Z of U2 songs, which I think is a pretty amazing idea and has me intrigued as to whether U2 have a back catalogue that stretches the entire alphabet... Clearly they must have, but I'm looking forward to finding out what songs cover the hard letters (QVXZ) and glad to see another music obsessive has signed up for teh challenge.

 
With the kind of self-deprecating humour I just love, Nifer at Completely Unoriginal Thoughts is just my kinda girl. She's also signed up for the challenge for similar reasons as me, so I'm really looking forward to reading more of her stuff and seeing what topics she decides to tackle throughout April. I fully recommend stopping by.

 
A gorgeous blog with some really cute and inspiring craft ideas, including everything from cards and scrap books to t-shirts and homeware. Intrigued to know whether Kristy is planning on crafting her way from A to Z... I hope so!


Writing Prompts Everyday
A great idea to get the creative juices flowing, this one does exactly what it says on the tin and gives you a topic to write on everyday. I think this is a great idea to try when writing block kicks in or just as a warm up, so will be visiting in April to see what prompts are on offer and joining in.

Describing himself as a guy who likes to rant and 'fucking swear', Grumpy IT Guy's blog looks like it's shaping up to be a funny one. He offers his observations on things that really piss him off and likes to use the f-word - a lot - so pay him a visit if you want to learn how to use it in new and interesting ways.


My A to Z Plan

I came across the A to Z Blogging Challenge while trawling Blogger looking for inspiration and knew instantly that I'd be signing up and what my theme would be – music. Music is my lifeblood, my first love and my lifelong companion, so having the opportunity to write about it and share it with others is one not to be missed.

Initially I thought I'd go for a band a letter, but after some consideration I think it will be more interesting to mix it up a bit, to look at my life in music and take influence from there. From the bands and artists I love to the essential ingredients that helped me discover them in the first place, because while music is always at the heart of the story, sometimes it takes other people to help you find the best of it.

Hopefully it might make for some interesting posts and if I can just get one person to check out a new band then it'll all be worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment